Best Pink Dog Carrier: Our Top Picks for Small Breeds of Pet!
When it comes to a dog carrier, you always want to choose safety and practicality first. Thankfully, most carriers on the market today have built-in safety features. They know your pet’s comfort is important to you. But, you know your dog’s personality more than anyone else, and how it fits with your style. Because pet bags are so stylish nowadays, you can find a beautiful and classy pink dog carrier that matches your fashion sense.
Dogs themselves are coming into the world of ‘fashion accessories’ lately. Many dogs are practically latched at the hip to their owners. Small toy breeds like Shih Tzus and Teacup Yorkies are perfect pocket companions.
So, if you plan on taking your dog with you wherever you go, having a stylish bag to carry them in is essential. It speaks volumes to the safety and durability of current pet carriers. Because they have come such a long way, we can focus on things like style and design.
Dogs may get the label of ‘man’s best friend.’ But, if you’re a woman who wants to treat her small dog to a bit of high fashion luxury, a pink dog carrier is the best way to go. You’ll love toting around your best friend everywhere.
Table of Contents:
Why Choose a Pink Dog Carrier?
Pink is becoming an increasingly popular color. Smaller breeds are in fashion again, especially with women. Because they’re so ‘portable,’ many women want to take their dogs with them wherever they go. Instead of choosing a bulky carrier, designers have started to create sleek, more fashionable totes.
One perk of these new designs is that they come in a variety of styles and colors. As stated above, pink has quickly shot up the list to become one of the most popular options for a carrier. Since more places are becoming ‘pet-friendly’ (restaurants, airports, shopping malls), you want your dog and their bag to look sleek and stylish. While the carrier color you choose depends on your preference, pink offers a classic look that never goes out of style.
We will focus on what you should look for when choosing a pink carrier. Most carriers are extremely safe in today’s market. However, you have to look at some of the additional safety features of a carrier, and not just a pretty design. We’ll cover some of those features. We’ll also go over some of the best pink carriers you can choose for your dog confidently.
Which Safety Features Should a Carrier Have?
Before you look at the colors and extras of a carrier, you should consider your pet’s comfort and safety. While most carriers include at least one of the features listed below, the more a bag focuses on keeping your dog safe, the better. Let’s look at some of the most notable additions a bag should have to keep your dog secure.
- Proper ventilation: Soft-sided options like backpacks and over-the-shoulder carriers are often made from breathable materials. However, it’s still important to make sure these totes have adequate ventilation. Mesh siding is a typical solution to this issue. It allows your dog to breathe, promotes air flow throughout the bag, and lets them see their surroundings. This can help with pet anxiety and will prevent them from getting overheated.
- Interior clips: No matter what type of carrier you’re using, it should have an interior harness clip. These clips will help to keep your dog secure and in place when they’re in the bag. If you’re traveling, this clip will keep them from jostling around too much. It will also prevent them from running away when you open the carrier.
- Locking zippers: If you have a soft-sided carrier, make sure the zippers lock, and the material is durable enough that your pet won’t scratch or bite through it. If your dog is extremely anxious or aggressive, you may want to invest in a hard, plastic carrier with locking doors.
- Weight limit: Carriers are usually advertised for small, medium, or large. Often, these carriers will base themselves off a particular weight limit. However, just because a bag suggests it can hold up to a 20-pound dog doesn’t mean it’s the right fit for your dog. You should always measure your dog against the dimensions of the bag. As a good rule of thumb, add a couple of extra inches to their length and height to make sure they’ll have plenty of room. While you should follow the advertised weight limit, it shouldn’t be the only thing you follow when choosing the right size.
Measuring Your Dog Accurately
If you’re unsure how to accurately measure your dog for a carrier, use the following steps:
- Always measure from the floor to the top of your dog’s head. If they have ears that are always erect, measure up to them.
- For length, measure from their nose to their tail.
- Width and weight should go hand-in-hand. It’s unlikely that you’ll find a carrier that doesn’t suit your dog’s width if the other measurements are correct.
- Again, add an extra inch or two to these measurements to ensure extra room and comfort for your pet.
If your dog doesn’t seem to stand still or doesn’t want to be measured, there are a couple of tricks you can try. First, you can wait until they are sleeping to measure their length. They’ll be relaxed and not tensed up, so you should be able to get an accurate measurement.
To measure the height of a dog that won’t stand still, compare them to a piece of furniture in your home. Wait until they’re standing next to that piece of furniture (i.e., a couch) and measure the spot on the couch where their head reached. It may not be a perfect method, but it should get you a reasonably accurate number.
Keep in mind that dog carriers should specify how their measurements are labeled. Always make sure to look at the inside measurements, not the outside. Compare your own dog’s measurements to the inside measurements of a carrier, and they should have ample room to feel safe and comfortable in their new carrier.
The Best Pink Bag for Airline Travel
One of the things you should consider when looking for a pink carrier is its purpose. Just because a carrier is a designer or stylish doesn’t mean it should only be used for quick trips and errands. Be the stylish one in the airport with a pink carrier that is suitable for all kinds of travel.
Whenever you’re choosing a pet carrier, you should make sure it is suitable for air travel. Most airline guidelines for pet carriers are similar. However, they can be slightly different depending on the airline you choose, so be sure to familiarize yourself with what each different line requires.
One of the best pink bags for air travel is the Argo by Teafco Petagon Pet Carrier. Not only is it suitable for air travel, but it is incredibly functional and safe for your dog. It only weighs two pounds on its own. When you put a small dog inside, it’s easy to carry them around without feeling weighed down.
It is a top-loading carrier with mesh sides for ventilation, and triple closure securities to ensure your dog will remain safely inside. There is a safety hook inside the bag to attach your dog’s harness. Even though a busy airport, they won’t get jostled around. The top opening doubles up with both a zipper and Velcro, so this is much more than just a stylish tote. It’s one of the safest ways to carry your pet through the airport or keep them on a plane.
The Best Pink Carrier for Everyday Use
If you want something more functional for everyday use, consider the OxGord Soft-Sided Pet Carrier. Not only is it suitable for dogs, but it is also suitable for cats. This particular comes in a variety of different colors because it’s so popular among dog owners. But, the pink shade stands out.
Aside from the color selection, the functionality and features of the OxGord pet carrier are what makes it great for regular use. It’s a beautiful carrier for errands because it has different sized outer pockets. These can be used for your personal belongings, pet toys, medications, etc.
It also holds a soft yet sturdy Sherpa bed that will keep your dog comfortable no matter where you’re going. To increase your own comfort level, it has an adjustable shoulder strap. While this carrier is also approved for airline travel, you might find that you like it more for small trips to the vet or to run errands downtown. You’ll be able to look stylish and chic even while going through your daily activities. Your dog will love being able to go with you on new adventures, too.
Things to Avoid
Choosing a carrier based on looks alone can be tempting. Pink carriers especially tend to be sleek and stylish looking. But, just as there are things you should look for (safety features, etc.) there are things you should avoid or be aware of when choosing the best carrier for your pet.
- Difficult to wash – Whether the bag you choose is machine-washable or needs to be done by hand, make sure you do have the ability to wash it somehow. Accidents happen, and if you can’t properly clean your carrier, you probably won’t get much use out of it. Most carriers are either machine-washable or contain inserts that can be thrown into the washing machine easily.
- Inconvenient – Of course, carriers are meant to keep your dog safe and comfortable. But, if they are inconvenient for you to use, you probably won’t be so eager to take your dog traveling with you. Avoid bags that don’t have a shoulder strap or easy way to tote them around. Heavy bags should also be avoided. A carrier might seem light on its own, but consider that you’re putting a dog or cat inside. How heavy are you willing to go? The lighter the carrier, the better.
Many pros and cons to pet carriers end up being a matter of personal preference. If you’re looking for a pink carrier, take these factors into consideration. You’ll soon figure out what works best for both you and your dog.
Is a Pink Dog Carrier the Best Choice for My Pet?
By now, you can probably tell that the color of a carrier doesn’t make much difference. The good news is that because dog carriers are becoming so popular, a wider variety of colors are offered. It doesn’t matter which color you choose, as long as safety and comfort are the top priorities.
A pink carrier isn’t any better than any other color when it comes to functionality. However, for small dogs like chihuahuas or other toy breeds, they can add a sense of style to a standard carrier. Keep in mind that most pink carriers are marketed toward women. So, if your small dog is a family member you can’t bear to leave behind wherever you go, it’s okay to ‘buy’ into the new pink trend and take them with you!
The world is becoming a more dog-friendly place all the time, thanks to the demand of pet owners. Not only are more places accepting dogs, but pet accessories are becoming part of the fashion industry. The fact that there are so many designer carriers and so many colors to choose from puts that on display.
In the end, the color may not matter. You can choose your favorite, or what you think might fit your dog’s personality. But, if you’ve found a carrier that contains all the right safety features and one that provides you with convenience, have a little fun and go with a shade of pink that will allow you and your dog to run errands or travel across the world in style.