The Paws & Pals Soft-Sided Pet Carrier is a lightweight, yet a durable and safe solution for taking your pet with you wherever you need to go. Whether you’re taking a short trip to the vet or a long haul international flight, this well-designed carrier can make it a comfortable experience for both of you.
Soft-sided dog carriers have many benefits, and the Paws & Pals (was OxGord) carrier is no different. It provides comfort and ventilation for your pet while being comfortable to carry.
The most dependable pet carriers are the ones that have additional safety features for your dog (or cat) while offering convenience for you. As a pet owner, we know your animal’s comfort and safety are the most important factors. But, if a carrier is awkward or uncomfortable, it’s unlikely that you’ll use it too often.
So, it’s important to keep both you and your pet in mind when choosing a carrier. Thankfully, the Paws & Pals Pet Carrier comes with solutions for you and your pet. It can be used anywhere!
Table of Contents:
Paws & Pals Soft-Sided Pet Carrier Review
We’ll cover why your pet will love the Paws & Pals carrier, and how it can make your travels easier. Because safety is so important, we’ll also let you know about the safety features that can keep your pet secure and comfortable.
CLICK HERE to Buy This FAA Airline Approved Pet Carrier on Amazon!
Does It Have Any Special Safety Features?
If you’re away from home, you’ll always want to make sure your pet is safe.
Let’s start by exploring the critical safApprovedures:
- Zippered door: The zippered door comes in handy for several reasons. First, it allows you quick and easy access to your pet. If they need immediate attention, this is a valuable feature. But, the zipper also secures the door, so your pet can’t chew its way out or break through.
- Safety belt buckle: One risk of having a pet carrier in the car is that it can get jostled around or even fall off the seat (see also ‘The Best Cat Car Seats For Your Pet‘). This carrier comes with a safety belt buckle that can be attached to a seatbelt. The straps are adjustable so you can get the perfect fit to make sure the carrier is secure.
- Mesh sides: Proper ventilation is essential. Not only will your pet be able to breathe better, but they can look out from the mesh siding. When they’re able to see their surroundings, they are more likely to feel calmer. Because of this, it’s the ideal pet carrier for nervous dogs or cats. The ventilation also helps to prevent your pet from overheating.
What Sizes Are Available for My Pet?
The Paws & Pals carrier comes in three sizes:
Small Paws & Pals Pet Carrier
- Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 10 inches, and weighs 1.5 pounds.
Medium Paws & Pals Pet Carrier
- Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 10 inches, and weighs 2 pounds.
Large Paws & Pals Pet Carrier
- Dimensions: 8 x 1 x 10 inches, and weighs 2 pounds.
What Colors Are Available?
Black, green, crimson red, hot pink, lavender, mineral blue, rose wine, sapphire blue, and yellow.
Ensure that you choose the right size for your pet, so they’re completely comfortable. You want them to be able to move around enough to make a turn within the carrier. But, it shouldn’t be so big that they get jostled around easily.
You should never go by weight alone when it comes to choosing the right pet carrier. Instead, look more closely at the dimensions and decide what would make your dog or cat the most comfortable.
Is It Convenient to Use?
Not only does this carrier have extra features for your pet, but it also makes it easy for you as the owner, too! Extra features can make a world of difference. When it comes to ease of use, there are certain features that you’ll love.
- Important: The first thing to keep is that this is an airline approved dog carrier. That means you can take it with you on the plane, and it will fit beneath the seat. It even includes luggage tags. Being able to carry your pet with you when you travel cuts down on kennel costs or hiring someone to look after them. You’ll also know they’re safe because they’re with you. Always double-check the rules with your airline!
Other features include a detachable padded shoulder strap. If you have a small or medium-sized animal, carrying them around usually isn’t too hard. But, being able to carry this bag over your shoulder can make life even easier, especially if you’re walking through a busy airport.
The inside of the bag contains a removable sherpa lining on the bottom. This adds a lot of comfort for your animal, but you can take it out and clean it if your pet has an accident.
Finally, when you’re not using the Paws & Pals carrier, it folds flat for storage.
Is It Suitable for Plane and Road Travel?
As stated above, this is a great pet carrier for airline travel. If you’re someone who frequently takes to the skies, you can take comfort from knowing that your pet can go with you everywhere. But, it’s suitable for many other forms of travel and small trips.
You don’t have to be an avid traveler to get a lot of use out of the Paws & Pals carrier. Because of its size, durability, and how easy it is to carry, you can take it with you almost anywhere.
It’s great for short and long car trips thanks to the adjustable seat buckle. Even if you use it to go to the vet, it can make the trip a lot easier. The mesh sides will allow you to talk to and comfort your pet the whole time. The zippered door will make sure they don’t run off.
The only restriction you might find with this carrier is it isn’t meant to be a kennel. If you want a carrier or crate you can keep in your home for your pet, you might want to choose a hard-sided crate, like the Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel. But, if you’re looking for something lightweight that will be easy to take with you, the Paws & Pals carrier is the perfect solution.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages?
Choosing a pet carrier can be a daunting task for a dog or cat lover. You want to make sure it’s safe and comfortable for your pet, but convenient for you. The Paws & Pals pet carrier has a lot of those features, but it also has some drawbacks to consider.
Let’s look at some of the pros and cons so that you can make a more informed decision.
- Comfortable shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- Removable sherpa liner.
- Mesh sides for ventilation.
- There are outer pockets for treats, leashes, medicines, etc.
- Secure zippered door so your pet won’t get out.
- Mesh sides can be scratched and torn, especially if you have a cat.
- Not machine-washable. Must be washed by hand.
- Runs slightly small – you may need a size up for your pet.
The most important thing is making sure it fits your pet correctly, so be sure to measure your dog or cat to choose the right size.
- Important: One slight complaint is that the carrier runs small, so you may want to choose one size up for your pet, as long as it doesn’t allow for too much room for them to hurt themselves.
Should I Buy This Soft-Sided Dog Carrier?
We’ve already said that the leading dog carriers are the ones that are great for both you and your pet. The Paws & Pals Soft-Sided Pet Carrier provides features that you’ll both enjoy and appreciate. With so many different carriers on the market, there are features that make this one stand out.
It has top-notch extra safety features. Whether you’re traveling in a car or by plane, you can rest assured your dog or cat won’t get jostled around. They’ll be secure inside the carrier thanks to secure zippers and safety belts. It will also be comfortable for them thanks to the cool mesh siding and comfortable sherpa floor. It’s easy to carry and even easier to store away. You can even choose your favorite color from an extensive selection.
We hope this review has given you a better idea of what you can expect from the Paws & Pals carrier. It’s a great option for anyone with a small to medium-sized pet, no matter how often you travel by plane, car or foot.
CLICK HERE to order Your Paws & Pals Pet Carrier on Amazon.com!
Last update on 2022-01-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API