Treats are an important part of training and building a relationship with your dog that is based on positive reinforcement.
Because of this, it’s important to be able to take some treats with you wherever you go if you have your dog with you, whether it’s to the dog park or regularly scheduled vet visits.
Let’s be honest, nobody wants to have loose dog treats in their pockets, and while a sealable plastic bag will do the trick, it’s not the most stylish or sustainable option.
A lot of dog owners find themselves in a dilemma about the best way to carry dog treats, which is why we decided to compile a list of the top 10 dog treat bags for both practicality and style.
We’ve reviewed each one to help you choose the dog treat bag that will match your personal style and make your life easier.
Table of Contents:
Pet Palette Doog Walkie BeltNo products found.
Doog is one of the most well-known brands manufacturing dog treat bags. The brand has been established for 15 years and it’s become an award-winning name in the industry.
What makes this bag so practical is its streamlined design and the fact that you can wear it around your waist, keeping your hands free while making sure the bag is in an easy place to access at all times.
You can fasten the bag around your waist using the buckle clasp, which is really easy to close and undo. Unlike some other buckles, it’s not stiff or complicated to use.
The zip closures for the two pockets (a feature that means you can separate your dog’s treats from other items like your phone or keys) are equally easy and quick to work with.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that this is a small bag, so it’s not designed for carrying around a lot of gear.
If you want a bag that you can put all your belongings in along with your dog treats, you should look at some of the other items on this list.
- Belt design – Hands-free and easily accessible
- Slim bag – Not heavy or cumbersome
- Intuitive buckle clasp – Easy to fasten and unfasten
- Zip closure – Quick and easy to open and close
- Two pockets – Good for separating treats from other items
- Quite small – Not ideal for carrying lots of gear
No products found.
Paw Lifestyles Dog Treat Training Pouch
The Paw Lifestyles Dog Treat Training Pouch is great for training sessions with your dog, but it can also be used for longer walks and just running your daily errands if you tend to bring your dog with you wherever you go.
Like the previous bag we recommended, this one is designed to go around your waist, and it has an adjustable waistband that goes up to 48 inches so you can wear it in a way that’s comfortable for you.
There are 2 separate pockets in this bag, both of which can be opened and closed using the zippers.
Zipper closures are easy and intuitive to use, so you should have no problems using this bag during training or walks. There’s also a drawstring closure at the top of the bag.
We love that this bag comes with a built-in doggy bag holder and dispenser, which makes it easy to clean up after your pet at a moment’s notice.
Inside the bag, there is an easy-to-clean lining that will help to keep the bag hygienic, and on the outside, there are 2 D-rings which are perfect for training clickers or a torch if you walk your dog at night.
While this bag is quite good quality, it could admittedly be more durable. Make sure to handle the strap and the drawstring gently to ensure your dog treat bag lasts as long as possible.
- Easy-clean lining – Prevents staining and maintains hygiene
- 2 D-rings – Ideal for training clickers
- Built-in doggy bag holder – Practical and convenient
- Adjustable waistband – Comfortable and accessible
- 2 zip-closure pockets – Easy to keep organized
- Could be more durable – Handle drawstring and strap with care
- EASILY STORES KIBBLE, TOYS & TREATS - The convenient drawstring securely holds in generous amounts of dog training treats, accessories, and dog toys. Enjoy the easy to clean bright green lining which makes it simple to spot pet treats right when you need them. Perfect for dog training at the park!!
- KEEPS YOU PREPARED - You’ll love the convenient built in dog poop bag holder so your dog waste bags are ready right when you need them. Quickly grab your favorite dog training clicker from one of the 2 convenient d-rings while obedience training with your pup.
- 3 EASY WAYS TO WEAR - Choose to wear using the removable 48" adjustable waistband, removable shoulder strap, or strong metal belt clip. Made of lightweight weatherproof nylon fabric that keeps your dog treats dry while on those fun early morning walks with your doggy.
- STORE YOUR STUFF - Safely store your smartphone, money or keys in the two zippered pouches or front mesh netting while taking a stroll with your doggie. This ultimate dog treat bag has it all!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE + GREAT GIFT IDEA - Love your new dog treat pouch or your money back! We guarantee your complete satisfaction. Also great for puppy training classes + dog trainer approved. Click add to cart now!
Kurgo Go Stuff It Dog Treat Bag
The Kurgo Go Stuff It Dog Treat Bag is an excellent all-round dog treat bag for any occasion. It’s a versatile size and has multiple attachments to make it as convenient as possible.
Many dog treat pouches have small openings that can make it difficult to rummage around and find what you need.
With the wide drawstring opening on the Kurgo Go Stuff It, though, you can easily find whatever you’re looking for in the main compartment, and the convenient zip pocket makes accessing essentials even easier.
We love that this dog treat bag comes with both a strap and an aluminum carabiner, which means it can easily be used as a bag or clipped onto belts or bags as an extra pouch.
The band of reflective material running across the front of the bag means that even if you walk your dog after dark, you can do so safely.
The only thing to bear in mind with this particular bag is that the drawstring at the top needs to be closed tightly to stop things from spilling out.
This means you might need to put a bit of effort into closing the bag each time.
- Wide drawstring opening – Easy to find what you need
- Carabiner and strap attachments – Attaches to belts or bags
- Reflective band – Ideal for nighttime walks
- Zip storage pocket – Easy access to essentials
- Any gap in drawstring may lead to spillage – Needs closing tightly
- HANDS-FREE PET TRAINING: Dog treat pouch features an aluminum carabiner and MOLLE-compatible straps so you can easily clip it to your belt or favorite backpack and go hands free
- WIDE MOUTH OPENING & DRAWSTRING CLOSURE: Pet treat bag has a wide 4.5” opening for easy and quick reach to dog treats. The drawstring closure secures treats fast and keeps them fresh for your pup.
- ZIPPERED POCKET FOR STORAGE: Training pouch includes zippered side pocket for small trail essentials such as dog poop bags, keys, headphones, ID, or cash.
- REFLECTIVE MATERIAL FOR NIGHTIME VISIBILITY: This snack bag for pets has reflective lettering and patch on the front to help keep you visible when it’s dark outside.
Ruffwear Treat Trader Bag
One of our favorite dog treat bags on the market right now is the Ruffwear Treat Trader Bag.
This bag is incredibly versatile, so it should be able to meet all of your walking and training needs.
You can safely carry it around in the rain due to the water-resistant material and the fully waterproof inner lining.
Additionally, you can wear this bag using the adjustable belt that comes attached or using the clip attachment to secure it to another belt or bag.
Thanks to the compact design, you won’t feel encumbered by your dog treat bag throughout the day, although this also means that it’s not the ideal bag for carrying a lot of gear.
You can find some larger bags later on in our review section, though.
The extra storage pocket on the front of the bag means you can separate items you need to access quickly and easily and store them in there rather than in the main compartment.
Unfortunately, the Ruffwear Treat Trader Bag is pricier than a lot of the other bags on our list.
This is not surprising given its quality and the benefits that come with water-resistant material, but it does mean it’s not a suitable option if you’re on a tight budget.
- Water-resistant material – Suitable for use in the rain
- Belt and clip attachments – Versatile
- Compact design – Convenient
- Includes outer pocket – Good for organization
- Higher-end price – Not a budget option
- Perfect for training: Help encourage good behavior with this wearable treat bag. The audible click of the magnetic closure lets your pup know they're about to be rewarded. Who's a good dog?
- Human-friendly: The ergonomic fit provides all-day comfort. The magnetic closure allows for quick, one-handed use for immediate and effective reinforcement.
- Versatile: The Treat Trader can be looped onto the adjustable belt (included) or attached directly to the waist with the belt clip so it never has to leave your side.
- Made to last: The outer fabric is durable and water-resistant. The lightweight, waterproof lining helps contain the mess, even with oily treats.
- Helpful features: The Treat Trader features a small outer pocket for stashing small essentials. It even has a loop for attaching a training clicker.
COA Treat Bag
Company of Animals, known as COA for short, is one of the most trusted brands for dog care products including dog treat bags.
This COA Treat Bag is one of the most practical, good-quality treat bags you can buy for a reasonable price.
This is a small and compact treat bag, so it’s easy to carry around using the useful clip attachment. You can secure it to your belt, any loops on your pants, or even a larger bag.
While it may feel like there isn’t much room in the bag itself, you can always store things like your phone and keys in the zipper pocket on the front of the bag. This pocket is also the perfect size for doggy bags.
Although many other dog treat bags on the market come in one color and design, this one is available to purchase in three colors, meaning that you can match it to your dog walking gear or just pick your favorite color.
However, the thing about the drawstring closure is that it’s quite stiff.
This is good in a sense because it means that it won’t fall open accidentally, but it does make the bag pretty difficult to open and close with one hand.
- Small and compact – Practical and lightweight
- Zipped outside pocket – Perfect for doggy bags
- Clip attachment – Easy to carry
- Comes in 3 colors – Style versatility
- Stiff drawstring closure – Hard to open with one hand
- EASY ACCESS - clips on belt, waistband, or pocket
- WEATHERPROOF - magnetic and drawstring closures
- SECURE - zipped pocket on treat bag allows for you to store valuables (like your phone)
- COMPLIMENTARY - use with other CLIX training products like the Multi-Clicker, Target Stick, and Multi Purpose Whistle for comprehensive training
- ADDITIONAL POCKETS - extra storage for training aids (like a clicker)
AUDWUD Silicone Dog Treat Pouch
Silicone dog treat pouches are becoming increasingly popular because they’re small, inexpensive, and easy to clean.
If you’re looking for a pouch just big enough to store your dog treats in a convenient and hygienic way, this is the pouch for you!
Despite being made of a synthetic material, this dog treat pouch is BPA-free, which means you don’t need to worry about plastic contamination or anything harmful to your dog’s health.
The pouch comes with a magnetic closure that’s easy to open and close quickly using just one hand.
Additionally, the built-in loop at the top of the pouch means you can use a carabiner or key chain loop to attach the pouch to your belt.
Once you’ve finished using the pouch, cleaning it is easy. All you have to do is put it in the dishwasher and it will be fresh and clean for the next time you need it.
Even more exciting, this pouch comes in 20 different color options, including the option to purchase two of these pouches in different colors.
This is really useful if you have more than one dog and want to easily differentiate between their pouches.
The one downside to this pouch is that as we mentioned earlier, it is very small, which means it’s only large enough for your dog’s treats and not for other items such as keys, phone and wallet.
- BPA-free – Food-safe
- Magnetic buckle closure – Easy to open and close
- Built-in loop – Convenient attachment point
- 20 color options – Suits all color preferences
- Dishwasher-safe – Easy to clean
- Very small – For treats only
- BPA free, safe and healthy, can contact pet food directly.
- Design of magnetic closing for easy opening, allows quick access to pouch with one hand, freeing the other for training signals and commands, automatic close after feeding.
- Clips onto pockets or belt loops to keep treats within easy reach, moreover, the unique clamp design ensures that the pet training bag does not fall off.
- Dish washer safe, easy to clean, unique large opening design and soft silicone material make the pet training bag easy to reverse, cleaner and more thorough, healthy and hygienic.
- Pure color design, simplicity and fashion, the training bag is available in assorted colors, choose your favorite.
Inspector Tail Dog Treat Bag
Inspector Tail’s dog treat bag is great for taking your dog on longer walks in nature.
The size strikes the ideal balance between being compact but also large enough for essential items such as your wallet and your phone.
We really appreciate the built-in doggy bag dispenser that makes cleaning up after your pup easier than ever, and the fact that the drawstring closure is easy to use when you need to get treats out.
Because of the multiway strap, you can either wear the bag around your waist like a belt or over your shoulder.
Our only issue with the design of this dog treat bag is that despite having a shoulder strap, this strap is quite small, meaning that taller people may struggle to carry it this way.
- Medium size – Compact but good storage
- Built-in bag dispenser – Makes cleaning up easier
- Designed for belt and shoulder wear – Versatile
- Drawstring closure – Easy to use
- Shoulder strap is quite short – May not be suitable for taller individuals
- RESISTANT & FUNCTIONAL | Inspector Tail treat holder uses a durable material in its construction that won’t tear or fray | Perfect as training accessory – large capacity to carry treats, toys, poop bags and personal belongings.
- FRESH TREATS & BUILT-in POOP BAG DISPENSER | Pet treat pouch has drawstring design that keeps fresh the treats and it seals tight so the treats won’t fall out -easy to open by one hand | Special compartment designed outside to hold & dispense waste bags.
- VERSATILTY | Adjustable belt & waist clamp ideal for man, women & teenagers | Multiple options to wear- around the waist, over the shoulder or attach the clip to your belt.
- PRACTICAL & DISCREET | The color of the training treat bag keep dogs from getting distracted during the lessons | The design offers all day comfort so it is suitable even for runners.
- TRAVEL KIT | Pet treat holder - great accessory on your trips with your dog | Add complementary products like water bottle, cooling mat or saddle bag | Visit our store to set up your pet vacation kit
Chuckit! Treat Tote
The Chuckit! Treat Tote is perfect if you’re looking for a simple dog treat pouch that does the job without any unnecessary and expensive bells and whistles.
This pouch comes in 2 sizes, with a capacity of either 2 cups or 0.5 liters.
Regardless of what size you get, the pouch is very compact, so it won’t feel heavy or inconvenient to carry around and also won’t distract your dog during training.
Thanks to the rip-stop liner, this tote will last you a really long time, and the drawstring closure means you can easily operate the closure with a single hand.
Just make sure you have your own belt or carabiner to thread through the loop since it doesn’t come with one.
- Drawstring closure – Easy to open
- Compact pouch – Not cumbersome or distracting
- Available in 2 sizes – Holds 0.5 liters or 2 cups
- Rip-stop liner – Very durable
- Doesn’t include clip – You need your own carabiner or belt
- A must-have for dog training: a clip-on dog treat pouch that allows for easy access to rewards during training sessions.
- Practical and durable design: made with heavy-duty pack-cloth material that is water-resistant and reinforced with a rip-stop liner, this dog training treat pouch is built to last.
- Convenient drawstring closure: with the capacity to hold up to 1 cup of dog treats, these treat pouches for pet training seal tightly to keep treats fresh and easily opens with one hand.
- A versatile addition to your dog training tools: this clip-on dog treat pouch can also store small toys or waste bags, making it a useful addition to puppy training and playtime.
- Distraction-free dog training: designed to be small and discreet, this dog treat bag helps keep your furry friend focused on training without distractions.
Wild One Treat Pouch
If you need a convenient place to store your dog’s treats while you’re out and about but still want to look stylish, we recommend the Wild One Treat Pouch!
This handbag-shaped pouch is made from recycled materials, including plastic from plastic bottles, so it’s eco-friendly as well as stylish.
You can choose from a range of 5 colors to suit your preference, and you can wear the pouch in one of 4 different ways thanks to the adjustable strap.
A doggy bag dispenser comes built into the pouch, making cleaning up after your dog easy and stress-free.
The only thing to bear in mind is that this is a high-end treat pouch with a high-end price tag.
- Comes in 5 colors – Match your personal style
- Recycled materials – Eco-friendly
- Adjustable strap – Allows for 4-way wear
- Built-in doggy bag dispenser – Practical and easy to use
- High-end price – Not budget-friendly
- 2 WAYS TO WEAR: The adjustable carrying strap can be fashioned into a fanny pack or a cross body bag giving you options while providing easy access to treats during puppy training
- GOOD FOR THE PLANET: This eco-friendly treat pouch is made with mother nature in mind with a 100% recycled knit body made from 10 plastic water bottles.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: With a conveinent treat compartment and space for your personal belongings such as phone, keys and wallet.
- POOP BAG DISPENSER: This treat bag has a built in waste bag dispenser to use on walks making it easy to grab a bag on the go.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Made with woven knit fibers, this durable treat pouch is easy to clean.
Pecute Dog Treat Pouch Bag
Petcute’s Dog Treat Pouch Bag is a larger treat bag with 4 different compartments to keep your treats and essentials organized when you’re out of the house.
The material is waterproof, so items that can’t be exposed to water can safely be stored here.
The adjustable strap means you can wear it around your waist, over your shoulder, or clipped onto a belt or bag.
There’s also a built-in doggy bag dispenser to make your life easier when it comes to cleaning up after your dog.
The downside of a larger treat bag like this one is that it’s bulkier and can feel heavier and less comfortable to carry.
- Built-in bag dispenser – Easy cleanup
- Adjustable strap – For waist, shoulder and clip-on wear
- 4 compartments – Facilitates organization
- Waterproof material – Safe for unwrapped treats and your phone
- On the bulky side – Not the most lightweight or streamlined
- 🐾【4 COMPARTMENTS, PLENTY ROOM】One pocket with drawstring closing can hold plenty of treats with enough room for toys, can easily open and close but safe; 2 Zipper pockets are safe and good sized for holding the phone, keys, money, ID cards, and other essential things; One mesh pocket on the front is handy to get fast access to things.
- 🐾【3 WAYS TO WEAR 】2 in 1 shoulder/waist belt is adjustable from 30 inches to 50.4 inches, with a buckle clip to secure the dog treat bag. You can adjust the strap to fit your waist, carry it over the shoulder, or use the extra carabiner to clip on your belt loop simply.
- 🐾【100% WATERPROOF】 Made of High-density waterproof fabric. Keeps your dog's toys and treats dry, even on rainy days. Protect your phone and cash away from water. Easy to clean, can be washed in the machine.
- 🐾【BUILT-IN POO BAG DISPENSER】The silicone bag dispenser on the side is designed for pulling out bags easily when needed, without taking the entire roll of bags out, keep your dog training and walking tidy.
- 🐾【3 BONUS】 Extra goodies are included a training clicker, One roll of 15 poop bags, a collapsible silicone bowl, and a carabiner.
Pouch Or Bag?
We’ve been using the terms ‘bag’ and ‘pouch’ somewhat interchangeably throughout this article because dog treat pouches are technically just small bags.
However, it is important to decide whether you want your dog treat bag to be smaller (a pouch) or whether you’d prefer something a bit larger like a standard dog-walking bag.
This really depends on whether you’d like to be able to carry other things in your dog treat bag other than just treats.
Some people might prefer to have a separate little pouch entirely dedicated to dog treats, and others might want a larger bag to hold doggy bags, keys, wallet, phone, and other essentials.
In general, dog treat pouches and bags come in one of three closure types: drawstring, zip, or magnet.
We usually recommend magnetic closures if you’re specifically using your dog treat bag during training sessions.
That’s because the magnet closure allows you to get right back into training as soon as you’ve given the treat because you don’t have to worry about tying or zipping anything shut – just release the top of the pouch and it should close itself.
Magnetic closures usually also make it easier to open the pouch, which is helpful when you want to give an instantaneous reward during training.
Zip bags and drawstring bags are great for more casual use. If you’re out on a walk with your dog, for example, you may want to give them a treat once in a while, but it won’t be as important to be able to open and close the bag quickly.
Ease Of Transportation
The purpose of a dog treat bag is to make it easier for you to carry and give out treats to your canine companion while you’re out and about.
This means that the best dog treat bags should, first and foremost, be easy to transport.
The thing that will best determine how easy the bag is to carry around, other than the size, is the attachment type.
Luckily, there are many types of attachments included on dog treat bags, so it should be easy to find one that meets your needs.
For example, you can find small dog treat pouches that are designed to be clipped onto your belt, and larger bags that can be carried over your shoulder.
When choosing a type of attachment, you should consider what will be the most comfortable for you as well as what will be most practical in the situations in which you’ll be using the bag.
If you’re going to keep dog treats in a bag, it will likely need washing on a regular basis. This is why it’s important to choose a dog treat bag that can be washed and dried easily.
Ideally, your dog treat bag should be machine-washable since handwashing is time consuming and sometimes ineffective.
Your bag may not be suitable for tumble drying, however, so make sure you check the instructions to avoid accidentally damaging the bag.
Thank you for considering our 10 best dog treat bags for practicality and style!
No matter what your priorities are when it comes to carrying your dog’s treats, there should be a product here to meet your needs as well as those of your pet.
Be sure to check the length of any straps and whether the material used to make the pouch is waterproof before you make your purchase.
Last update on 2022-01-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API