If you want to take your dog with you on short and long bike rides, then look no further than the Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer. Your pet will enjoy seeing the world at a slightly faster pace and looking around while you pedal around town, the park, or the trail.
The Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer allows you to take your dog almost anywhere with you while you ride your bike. It’s just another way for you to continue to live your an lifestyle with your best friend.
Most dogs love being around their owners. So, they’ll like being able to go on long bicycle rides with you. Not only that, but this trailer is an excellent way for your dog to spend more time outside safely.
It’s the ideal solution for older dogs or small dogs who may not be able to keep up with you for too long on walks. This bicycle trailer is easy to use, comfortable for your dog, and extremely safe. You can ride in comfort and with confidence knowing your pet is safely behind you wherever you go.
CLICK HERE to Read Amazon Customer Reviews & Frequently Asked Questions!
Table of Contents:
Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer Review
This review will cover the Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer. We’ll tell you everything that you need to know about its safety features and how it can make your bike rides more convenient when you’re with your pet.
So, let’s dive into what you can expect when using the Solvit bicycle trailer.
Will it Keep My Dog Safe?
The Solvit HoundAbout trailer has many premium safety features. This will give you peace of mind while you’re riding the trails.
Here are some of the most vital safety features…
- It features both front and rear doors. This makes it easy to get your dog into it without having to push them inside, which can be traumatic for them.
- The front and rear doors also feature mesh screens. They will prevent your dog from overheating. They’ll also give your dog the chance to look at their surroundings, which can help to keep them calm. It’s a safety feature as well as a comfort feature.
- Extra safety features include an adjustable safety leash that can attach to your dog’s collar while riding. This will keep them from getting jostled around if you have to make a sudden turn or run into a rough patch of road or trail.
- There are also reflectors on the cabin of the trailer and each wheel. If you’re riding at night, this will keep both you and your pooch safe, since people will be able to see you more clearly.
CLICK HERE to Read Customer Feedback About the Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer on Amazon!
Will It Be Comfortable for My Dog?
Once you know a product is safe, you’ll want to make sure your dog enjoys the experience and is comfortable. Thankfully, the Solvit trailer offers a smooth and relaxing ride for your pet.
Here are some features that will add to your pet’s comfort…
- Enjoyable. Your dog will love the sunroof as they’ll be able to see their surroundings and enjoy the sun while you’re on your ride.
- Waterproof. The waterproof layer ensures that even if it rains, your dog will stay dry. It includes a comfortable cushion that will help to keep your pet relaxed. They’ll feel like they’re laying in a soft, plush bed while you’re on your ride.
- It’s roomy. Once you choose the right size, your dog will be able to turn around and lie down. The gentle ride can even help them sleep. Speaking of a gentle ride, your dog can depend on it thanks to the wide wheelbase and air-filled tires. The tires feel more like bicycle tires themselves, so you don’t have to worry about flimsy plastic tires creating a bumpy ride for your canine.
- It’s simple to assemble. It can be put together in minutes and folds down flat for easy storage. That will make you want to use it as often as possible. It includes a hitch for your bike that can be attached in just seconds.
- The trailer is easy to clean. If your dog happens to have an accident or it just gets dirty over time, the cabin can be washed with a sponge. The interior cushion can be thrown into the washing machine, and everything will be as good as new. If you plan on riding in rough terrain, this is a great feature that will keep your trailer looking great.
What Are the Sizes?
You can get the Solvit HoundAbout Pet Trailer with either an aluminum frame or a steel frame.
The steel frame is durable and robust, but some people complained that it was a little too heavy to tote behind them. The aluminum frame is still quite durable, but it’s light enough that it’s not a struggle to pull your dog behind you.
The trailer comes in medium and large sizes, and they are slightly different depending on the frame you choose.
The sizing for each frame is as follows:
- Medium steel: 26″ x 17″ x 20″ – Can hold pets up to 50lbs.
- Medium aluminum: 26″ x 25″ x 17″ – Can hold pets up to 50lbs.
- Large steel: 22″ x 26″ x 33″ – Can hold pets up to 110lbs.
- Large aluminum: 33″ x 33″ x 22″ – Can hold pets up to 110lbs.
Be sure to measure your dog from their nose to their tail, and from the floor to their ears. You want to make sure they have enough room to turn around within the trailer. But, they shouldn’t have so much room that they get tossed around easily inside it.
Measure height and length, and not just go by weight alone. This will ensure your dog is both safe and comfortable.
What If I Don’t Like It?
The Solvit company has been around since 1991 and continues to take immense pride in their customer service department.
You can call, chat, or email them six days a week if you have any problems with your trailer.
Whether your issue is with the wheels, the assembly, or the frame, a representative should be able to help you if the trailer isn’t working the way you think it should.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages?
If you’ve never used a bike trailer for your dog before or you’re looking for something new, it’s a good idea to know the pros and cons of a product. A Solvit trailer is an excellent option for bike riders who want to bring their dogs along with them. But, as with any product, there are drawbacks you might want to consider before you decide if it’s the right product for you.
- Easy to assemble
- Comes in aluminum or steel so you can choose your weight
- Large size holds dogs up to 110lbs. or more than one dog
- Easy to clean
- Folds flat for quick storage
- Mesh screens for good ventilation
- Two entry points
- Steel version may be harder for some people to operate because of its weight
- May have issues with wheels
- Steel versions have a smaller front entry door
It’s a great option whether you’re riding the trails or the streets downtown. The best thing you can do to make sure it works for you is to choose the right size for your dog and the right material for the frame that will fit your needs.
Is the Solvit HoundAbout Trailer the Best Bike Trailer for Dogs?
There aren’t many negatives with the Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer. It’s the perfect option for people who love riding their bike and want to take their dog along. It can change things up from walking or strolling, while still allowing your dog to get some fresh air.
We hope this review has been helpful and lets you make a clearer choice when you’re deciding on a bike trailer for your dog. The safety features, combined with its ease of use, make it the ideal solution for anyone who wants to ride their bicycle with their pet.
CLICK HERE to Buy a Solvit HoundAbout Pet Bicycle Trailer on Amazon!
Last update on 2020-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API